Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jolly Ranchers (why not?)

If you like candy, then you're probably a fan of these. Who can resist them? With strong flavor all the way until they're finished dissolving in your mouth, Jolly Ranchers have built themselves a home in the top tier of treats. Jolly Rancher has a host of different products to try: Jelly Beans, Fruit Chews, and Sodas to name a few. But this post will focus mostly on the Hard Candy. (Has anyone seen that movie by the way? If so, tell me what you thought about it).

Speaking of candy, it's getting close to Halloween. Any Trick or Treaters out there? What kind of treat do you hope for when you knock on someone's door? I wouldn't complain if someone gave me some Jolly Ranchers, just sayin'.

My fondness of Jolly Ranchers started pretty early in life. My 3rd Grade teacher kept a big jar of Jolly Ranchers in her classroom, and she would give out pieces to students for different reasons. If you did a good job of reading something aloud to the class, or answered a difficult question, maybe she would give you one. She would always give you one if your voice was hoarse, that's how I got my hands on one.

Giving away candy was nice of her, but she also dumped my desk out in front of the class because it was messy. That was probably the most traumatizing event of my younger years.

That about sums it up, feel free to share your favorite (or least favorite) Jolly Rancher flavor or product. I like all flavors, but Cherry is probably my favorite.

Fun Fact: Jolly Rancher is currently owned by Hershey's.
Fun Fact #2: Hershey's was founded in 1894.

11 comments:

  1. I have seen the movie. I thought it wasn't bad. But I do love me some ranchers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking of Halloween, I need a costume D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard Candy was a pretty okay movie! Worth a watch, I figure. And, you talk all about jolly ranchers but make no mention of jolly rancher pops? For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TR You're right I should have mentioned those, they're good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue ones.. oh my god brb going to the store to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, Hershey Chocolate, my favorite. but if i'd had to pick any other it'd had to be anything orange flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lovee jolly ranchers, such epic candies

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is like my Halloween bliss when I was a kid :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been a fan of hard candy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice ones, but i'm more into chocolate when it comes to sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jolly ranchers are my favorite candy, especially the purple ones.

    ReplyDelete